Home >> Archives

International Journal of Pure & Applied Bioscience (IJPAB)
Year : 2017, Volume : 5, Issue : 4
First page : (341) Last page : (345)
Article doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.18782/2320-7051.2617

Physico-Chemical Qualities of Papaya Pulp Based Whey Beverage

Manoj Gupta, M.P.S. Yadav, Anoop Singh Chauhan* and Reema Verma
Deptt. of Animal Husbandry & Dairying,
C.S. Azad University of Agriculture & Technology Kanpur, U.P. India – 208002
*Corresponding Author E-mail: aschauhan7569@gmail.com
Received: 20.02.2017  |  Revised: 28.02.2017   |  Accepted: 2.03.2017  


This study was conducted to evaluate the effect of keeping nutritional and functional attributes of papaya pulp potential of whey to be used in nutritious and health promoting beverage. The study by evaluating sensory and chemical quality of papaya pulp based whey beverage. There were paneer whey used as raw material, three level of sugar (8%, 10% and 12%) and three level of papaya pulp (10%, 20% and 30%) used for preparation of Papaya Pulp Based Whey Beverage. This product stored at 50 C as refrigerated temperature. The process replicated three times. The maximum overall acceptability of papaya pulp based whey beverage was found in sample which was prepared by 10% sugar with 20% papaya pulp. Whereas, the chemical composition of papaya pulp based whey beverage, the highest total solids found in the sample made by 30% papaya pulp with 12% sugar, here total solids increased with increasing sugar content, so it can be concluded that the best quality papaya pulp based whey beverage can be prepared by 20% papaya pulp with 10% sugar. The product sample which contains10% sugar and 20% papaya pulp having maximum acceptability and optimum level of chemical percentage.

Key words: Whey, Papaya Pulp, Sugar and Beverage.

Full Text : PDF; Journal doi : http://dx.doi.org/10.18782

Cite this article: Gupta, M., Yadav, M.P.S., Chauhan, A.S. and Verma, R., Physico-Chemical Qualities of Papaya Pulp Based Whey Beverage, Int. J. Pure App. Biosci.5(4): 341-345 (2017). doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.18782/2320-7051.2617