Home >> Archives

International Journal of Pure & Applied Bioscience (IJPAB)
Year : 2018, Volume : 6, Issue : 1
First page : (738) Last page : (743)
Article doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.18782/2320-7051.3033

Dry Matter Production and Allocation in Groundnut Under Drought and Foliar Nutrition

B. Rajitha*, P. Latha, P. Sudhakar and V. Umamahesh
Crop Physiology, Regional Agricultural Research Station, Tirupati-517502, A. P.
Department of Crop Physiology, S.V. Agricultural College, Tirupati-517502, A. P.
*Corresponding Author E-mail: rajiagri26@gmail.com
Received: 27.05.2017  |  Revised: 30.06.2017   |  Accepted: 5.07.2017  


The impact of drought stress and foliar nutrition on dry matter accumulation in different parts of soybean plant was studied at Dryland Farm of S.V. Agricultural College, Regional Agricultural Research Station, Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Tirupati during rabi season, 2014-15. The experiment was conducted as a Randomized Block Design with three replications. In this research, Groundnut crop was imposed to mid-season moisture stress from 45 DAS to 75 DAS (pod formation to pod filling stage). Treatments included Foliar application of chemical nutrients (8 treatments) along with two checks (one control irrigated and one control stress) were imposed at 60 days after sowing (15 days after imposing moisture stress). The results revealed that, significant variations for morphological, physiological, drought tolerance, biochemical and yield attributes were observed. Among the foliar spray treatments at harvest, the foliar spray treatment KNO3 @ 0.5% recorded significantly higher stem, leaf and pod dry weight and also total drymatter partitioning followed by NPK -19:19:19 @ 0.5% and KCl @ 1% compared to control stress treatment. Among the foliar spray treatments NPK- 19:19:19 @ 0.5%, at 75 and 90 DAS was found to be superior in increasing the LAI followed by KNO3 @ 0.5% and KCl @ 1%.

Key words: Drought stress, Dry matter, Leaf area index, Groundnut.

Full Text : PDF; Journal doi : http://dx.doi.org/10.18782

Cite this article: Rajitha, B., Latha, P., Sudhakar, P. and Umamahesh, V., Dry Matter Production and Allocation in Groundnut under Drought and Foliar Nutrition, Int. J. Pure App. Biosci.6(1): 738-743 (2018). doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.18782/2320-7051.3033